Senator Brian W. Jones is currently hiring for a limited number of internship opportunities in his District Office. Our district internship program provides an excellent chance for high school students, college students, and recent college graduates to get involved in the legislative process while exploring a career in public service.
- A teachable spirit and enthusiasm for learning team player mentality
- A willingness to work with others and be a part of something bigger than yourself
- A desire to grow professionally and make yourself more marketable in a competitive world
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Interns will be exposed to working in a fast-paced professional office environment and will be empowered to work directly with experienced staff to assist in all aspects of their jobs, including:
- Assisting the Senator and staff and community events and working with constituents to answer their questions
- Conducting research on key legislation and regional issues
- Helping the Senator honor individuals and organizations in the district
- Interacting with experienced staff to build your real-world network
The internship has flexible hours and after the completion of 125 hours, our interns are eligible for a letter of recommendation from Senator Jones. Interns may also qualify for course credit from school. This is a great opportunity where past participants have obtained paid positions with local and statewide campaigns, legislative offices, public relations firms, political consulting firms, and government affairs.
All interested applicants must submit an internship application and resume. Cover letters are optional. To apply, please fill out the form below. If you have questions, please call the District Office at 619-596-3136 or email the internship coordinator at Robert.Roque@sen.ca.gov.